Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
NEW 'Positano' - Version #2
‘Positano’ has been the most popular Cloth Edit fabric to date. It has taken some time, but I am pleased to present you another spectacular (very limited edition) version of this print, imaginatively called - Positano #2 ;-). Like the first version, this print echoes the Italian Designer Collections that pay homage to the craft of patchwork and artful pattern clashing. It is a ‘Patch Work’ without the piecing. This print brings together seemingly disparate designs - stripes, florals, tile print, leopard design, and a range of flora and butterflies - into a striking and harmonious ensemble. Overall this version is a bit darker, with a couple of 'patches' now with dark blue backgrounds rather than white backgrounds. There are a range of other subtle differences. For those who bought the original, you will be able to work these two together and use up every bit of your scraps.
This print is of the moment. Do not miss out. This fabric has been secured from a very limited print run, and I have less than half the amount I had of the first version. Those who subscribe to the Cloth Edit Newsletter would have seen a special preview. Subscribe to not miss out on other special Limited Editions.
All the Linen | Silk fabrics are so soft and cool against the skin, and the ethereal drape produces soft folds on and away from the body. The print is a semi-transparent in the white sections, but flesh toned undergarments will probably be all that is required for bodices and fuller skirts/bottoms. It’s washable by hand or on a very delicate, cool, machine wash cycle (in a mesh washing bag). See the Cloth Care advice Below.
140cm Wide; 145/150gsm
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or loose shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses, maxi), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen/Silk. Here are some suggestions:
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The A Line Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, The Culottes
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- Assembly Line - Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Wide Leg Jumpsuit, Minimalist Kaftan, Puff Shirt, Cap Sleeve Top, Tie Bow Blouse, Oversized Shirt.
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck Top, Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Acton Dress.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Valo.
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Celestial, Ashling, Estella
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Ibi
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Phen Shirt
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment.
Please note - This is a unique fabric and it is challenging to cut samples given the design. You would only get a small piece of one patch ;-). As such a Swatch will be a narrow but longer piece of fabric that covers at least 2-3 of the 'patches'. The cost will be $2.00 per swatch. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, but this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you risk machine washing (at own risk) then use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.