100% Cotton Seersucker – Classic Navy Stripe - NOW 30% OFF - WAS $11.95 - 1/2 M
When it gets hot, really hot, there is something cooling about Seersucker. This designer / dead stock striped cloth would be the perfect mid-summer dress. Whether you like fit-and-flare, kaftans, tunics, or prefer to opt for a classic shirt-dress style, this will be an easy-wear and ever stylish garment. Team with sandals or sneakers and you are ready for anything. Of course, seersucker isn’t just for summer, and this would be fantastic in a classic shirt, or blouse, replete with frills. Browse the Cloth Edit buttons for some inspiration. This is a nice weight (not too fine), and you shouldn’t need any lining for skirts. You will just need flesh toned underwear. 148cm wide.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee — Bakerloo, Bloomsbury, Kew Dress and Skirt, Park Lane Dress and Blouse
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problems. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.