100% Cotton – Shhh Pink Oxford Shirting - REMNANT 2.8m (*See Description) Was $66.90 Now $39.95
REMNANT 2.8m (See Description) Was $66.90 Now $39.95
*Small mark at one end of the piece
100% Cotton – Shhh Pink Oxford Shirting
Oxford shirting is identified by its basket weave, whereby multiple numbers of the weft threads are crossed over the same number of warp threads. While many Oxford shirtings are a little more textured, this fairy-floss pink cloth is luxurious and has a little sheen and a soft finish. You will still get the additional warmth due to the weave. It is perfect for transitional shirts and blouses, but would also be lovely for dresses (with fuller skirts) and even PJs! It would gather well in cuffs and sleeve heads. Pleats would also sit beautifully. Gathered details, such as on the Nina Lee Bloomsbury, would be stunning. This is an excellent quality designer end / dead stock fabric.
148cm Wide. See the last image for more details.
For your cloth edit consider: shirts, loose tops, tunics and more semi-fitted shirts and blouses; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, shirt dresses), a kimono or robe (short or full length), skirts (eg. wrap, maxi, gathered, pleated).
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this cotton. Here are some suggestions:
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine,
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problems. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.