100% Japanese Cotton – Helena Orchid Pink (NEW Addition)
Helena Orchid Pink
Helena Orchid Pink is a watercolour style floral print with a beautiful Dobby jacquard effect, which adds wonderful interest and texture. Alongside the stunning plummy pink, so often seen in ethereal orchids, there is yellow, with touches of orange/red in the flowers’ centres, and grounding moments of soft grey. It is non-directional and 144cm wide, which is wider than most Japanese cottons.
This cloth is perfect for staying cool in summer, but would be a beautiful shirt or blouse at any time of year. It is light weight so you may want to line skirts, but depending on the fullness, you may not need to.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light but holds some shape so consider dresses such as wraps, tunics, and shirt dresses. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Hermes, Jane, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.