100% Japanese Cotton - Imada Green (sold per Panel)
100% Japanese Cotton - Imada Green (sold per Panel) *NEW*
- Panel Print - approx 82cm (each panel includes one 'stripe')
- 112cm wide
- Quality shirting weight Japanese cotton
- Direction of print is not easily discernible
Imada Green is soft (and a little crisp) Japanese shirting cotton. It's perfect for dresses, shirts, PJS, and tops. The print includes variegations of green, including olive and forest greens. It also features a little chocolate and lemon. The key feature of this print is the 'stripe' that occurs each 82cm (approx). This is such a unique part of the design, and perfect for featuring in cuffs, collars, sleeves, waist bands, yokes, and skirt tiers. It would also be great in the centre front or back of garments. Design features like this are so much fun to play with, and have the effect of pushing ones creativity and elevating a garment. Enjoy.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light but holds some shape so consider dresses such as wraps, tunics, and shirt dresses. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine,
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or and use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.