100% Japanese Cotton Uri Black Blossom
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Japanese Cotton Jacquard – Black Blossom
This Japanese Cotton Uri floral jacquard features a sheer base, with unique embellishments. Whilst this would be a gorgeous blouse (I'm thinking of statement sleeves or dramatic collar), this would also be superb as a dress. It is sheer (see images), but a simple slip or lawn lining would see to that, and not detract too much from the sprays of blossom and leaves.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress, Armistice Blouse.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Although cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problems, take some more care with this fabric, as it is both light weight and a jacquard. Hand washing is recommended. Do not wring. If using a washing machine only use a delicate cycle, and a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Do not tumble dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.