100% Japanese Cotton - Orangerie *NEW*
- 137cm wide
- Quality cotton lawn
- approx. 100gsm
- Direction of print is not discernible
Orangerie is a gorgeous citrus print, with hints of pinkish orange, apricot and white, on a dark navy background. The foliage features white and sage greens. It's perfect for dresses, shirts/blouses, PJS, and tops. It's soft but it does maintain some body. You may not need to line skirts if there is some fullness in the design. Some more fitted dress styles may need lining for additional body.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light but holds some shape so consider dresses such as wraps, tunics, and shirt dresses. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or and use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.