100% Japanese Cotton Voile - Emilio Blue Spot *NEW
- 140cm wide
- Quality cotton voile
- approx. 100gsm
- Direction of print is not discernible
The Emilio collection are Japanese cottons designed for Italian designers. The Emilio Leaf and Spot prints are perfect for some print play. Create a beautiful dress, shirt, blouse or top using one of the designs, or play around with contrasting bodices, sleeves, plackets or collars. The cloth is not a loose weave like some other voiles. It looks a little gauzey, but it has a bit more of the drape, body and feel of an organza. It's really unique and would be amazing for statement dresses. It will hold a full sleeve, and provide gorgeous floaty movement in a skirt. Of course it will press and behave perfectly in pleats and darts, if you are after something more fitted. You will probably need to line skirts, but perhaps not if there is fullness in the design.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light but holds some shape so consider dresses such as wraps, tunics, and shirt dresses. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Now and Then - Tilbury, Richmond, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie, Clara
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or and use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.