This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
This is a designer quality, satin finish, mid to heavier weight Japanese Polyester, with an amazing print on a deep navy background. I am spell bound by this fabric. It's going to be perfect for gorgeous bomber jackets, or cool '80s blazers, but this substantial, yet oh-so-drapey fabric will be absolutely perfect for boxy tops, oversized shirts (oh the movement!), maxi skirts and statement dresses that will wow.
Cloth Edit focuses on natural fibres, but this is very special. The foliage print is one of the most beautiful I've come across. The quality is exceptional, and the satin finish is so soft and smooth. I hope it gets your imagination going too. It's not a summer weight fabric, but this is one for the stash. I am too excited to wait for a another few months to release this though.
- 100% Poly - exceptional quality
- Made in Japan
- 146cm wide
- approx. 190gsm
For your cloth edit consider: loose or semi-fitted tops and shirts. The fabric is fluid with a bit of weight, so consider luxurious robes, epic pjs, full or wrap skirts, jumpsuits, jackets, and fitted - semi fitted bodices and A Line to full skirts.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- By Hand London – Lizz, Sandeep, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Pauline Dress, Fiore
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Davenport, Hughes Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress, Helmi
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Mirri, Estella, Ashling, Juno.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami, Mila
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Mersis
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, Wide Leg Jumpsuit
This Polyester fabric can be machined washed on a gentle, cool cycle. Turn inside out to minimise fading, use a mesh washing bag, and dry on a hanger. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting. Do Not Tumble Dry.