100% Linen - Amelia *LAST PIECES 3m, 1.9m (Sold Separately)
*LAST PIECES 3m, 1.9m (Sold Separately)
100% Linen - Amelia
- 134cm wide
- French Flax Linen
- approx. 155gsm
Enjoy the understatement of this pretty linen print, Amelia. Whilst bolder designs are de rigueur at Cloth Edit, this is a welcome addition to the Linen Collection. The print features a crisp white background and the floral dappling of coral, soft mint, cream and mauve. It's perfect for romantic dresses (think full skirts and sleeves), blouses and shirts.
This print looks amazing alongside denim, camel, khaki, coral and purples, so keep this in mind for your separates pairing. Amongst the images you will glimpse some progress shots of a blouse I'm making my daughter. It's a vintage inspired, Angela Clayton McCall's M8078. You will also see some button suggestions.
The cloth has a soft hand and drapes beautifully. You might need a little lawn slip for skirts.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some Indie Pattern suggestions:
- Sewing and the City - Essex. Mercer, Ludlow.
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Tilbury, All Seasons, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia, Emily, Chloe, Pippa, Lottie/Kate, Solange, Savannah.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Aura, Helios
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa, Soho, Skyline, Chelsea.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo, Hali, Syli, Taiko
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle, Meridian
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.