Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Linen – Art Deco Multi-Leaf
- 132cm wide
- Only 6m available
- ex-designer dead stock
This is a vintage inspired, mid-weight botanical print in a gorgeous array of colours, on a navy background. This is so joyful. The colours include pale and hot pink, orange and red, white, aqua and mid blue. You will be able to make the most of your meterage as the pattern isn’t directional. This is a little heavier than the Checkmate range (it’s approx. 190gsm). Want to make a statement this summer ;-)?
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Fiona
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Tibetan Chupa, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Hermes, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee — Richmond Blazer
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Juno
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Celestial
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.