100% Linen 'Checkmate' - 'Holographic’ Line Check
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (= .5m; ½ m). For example, if you would like 2.5m, then enter the quantity ‘5’. As Cloth Edit only receives limited quantities of each fabric, err on the side of caution when ordering. Take into account any additional length etc.
Every effort has been made to present the fabric as accurately as possible. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
French Flax Linen.
NEW - This linen has a very unique ‘holographic’ effect, changing colour as it moves. What a great effect for a full shirt, or statement sleeve! The threads are rust, blue, and yellow (the later forms the ‘Line’). The overall effect is an ever-changing, interesting red/pink. We all love linen for summer, but blouses, shirts and dresses with a sleeve are also perfect for the cooler times of the year. This looks so chic with denim.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Tie Bow Blouse, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Cap Sleeve Shirt, Puff Shirt, Multi-Sleeve Midi Dress, Oversized Shirt, Wide-Leg Jump Suit, Minimalist Kaftan
- Friday Pattern Company - Wilder Gown, Square Neck Top, Sagebrush Top, Adrianna.
- I AM Patterns – Hermes, Joy, Jain, Juliette, Lucienne, Cassiopee, Gaia top, Cinderella, Irma, Sherazade.
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Charlie, Cielo, Elodie
- Folkwear Patterns – Hapi and Haori, Gaza Dress, Japanese Field Clothing, Japanese Kimono, Old Mexico Dress
- In The Folds – Collins Top.
- Named Patterns – Helmi shirt or dress, Reeta Shirt Dress, Valo.
- Nina Lee - Bloomsbury, Bakerloo, Park Lane, Kew.
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Juno, Kobe.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Vali, Mersis, Celestial.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Vera, Coeli, Calvari, Coeli, Lliria, Mila.
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.