100% Linen 'Checkmate' - Pimenton - Clearance Fabric Sale 30% Off
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
100% Linen ‘Checkmate’ – Pimenton
- 144cm wide
- French Flax Linen
- approx. 150gsm
Pimenton is just the colour I have been waiting for. It's perfect for summer dresses, but will also be an amazing oversized shirt for the cooler months. It looks fantastic with navy, naturals, white and greens. It's another high quality French Flax cloth. It's soft and washes beautifully, and isn't too heavy. This linen check has the optimal ‘fashion’ dimensions of 1.5cm x 2cm.
Checks are fabulous for tops, shirts, dresses, skirts, shorts and pants. They look great on their own, or with solids. This fabric is a tiny bit transparent if you put your hand underneath (in daylight), but when the cloth is around your body as a garment, this always seems to decrease that perception. Select flesh toned undergarments and you will be fine. Skirts may need a light lining, but probably not.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The A Line Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, The Culottes
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- Assembly Line - Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Wide Leg Jumpsuit, Minimalist Kaftan, Puff Shirt, Cap Sleeve Top, Tie Bow Blouse, Oversized Shirt.
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck Top, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Valo.
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Celestial, Ashling, Estella
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Ibi
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Phen Shirt
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.