100% Linen 'Cruise' - Santorini
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Linen ‘Cruise’ – Santorini
- 134-137cm wide (narrower than the colours in the 'Cruise' Collection)
- French Flax
- Made in Japan
The NEW Cruise Linen Collection is the perfect summer weight linen; a gorgeous weight for loose shirts and tops, full skirts and flowy dresses. This is lighter and a little sheerer than other linens in the Cloth Edit range, and it fills the mid-summer brief. This fabric isn’t too bulky when gathered, and is perfect for those on-trend multi-tiered dresses, and statement sleeves.
This bright white linen is the perfect cloth for cool summer dresses, and strolling the white-washed streets of Santorini.
This fabric is a bit transparent if you have light underneath the cloth, but when the fabric is around your body as a garment, this decreases that perception. Select flesh toned undergarments and in most cases you will be fine. Skirts may need a lawn lining or slip, but may not.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, gathered, pleated). It would be great in wide leg, loose pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Lizz, Sandeep, Tamzin, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress, Fiore
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress, Armistice Blouse, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress, Hughes Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Diana
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress, Helmi, Ninni, Inari
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Mirri, Maya, Tula
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Lliria, Mila
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Mersis
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, Minimalist Kaftan, Wide Leg Jumpsuit
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.