Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Linen – Floribunda
- 134cm wide
- French Flax Linen
- Limited Quantity Available
This is a vintage inspired, light to mid-weight floral print on an ivory background. This is unbelievably beautiful. The roses are reminiscent of that famous bloom ‘Floribunda’, and the variegation of the petals (from pale pink to a muted raspberry) almost resembles a tapestry. The foliage features two shades of olive. You will be able to make the most of your meterage as the pattern isn’t directional. Although the larger blooms tend to face once direction, there are a range of blooms placed in various positions. This is a little heavier than the Checkmate range (it’s approx. 190gsm).
This fabric is a tiny bit transparent if you put your hand underneath (in daylight/under light), but when the cloth is around your body as a garment, this always seems to decrease that perception. Select flesh toned undergarments and you will be fine. Skirts may need a light lining, but probably not if there is some volume.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts in summer also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Fiona
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Tibetan Chupa, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee — Park Lane Dress and Blouse
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Juno
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Celestial
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.