100% Linen – Sojourn Woodland - Made in Japan 120cm wide *NEW*
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Linen – Sojourn Woodland - Made in Japan - 120cm Wide
Fancy a woodland getaway? The print conjures ponderous walks in nature. The near-abstract figures in cherry red and pale pink, and the landscape's complimentary variegations of green, taupe and tiny moments of purple and orange, make for a perfect transitional dress, shirt or blouse. Of course, if you wanted to stash this away, it would be a striking summer dress with exceptional drape. This is a gorgeous vintage washed linen so it has that desirable 'lived in', slightly rumpled look before you even pre-wash it.
The two Sojourn colourways are Woodland and Parkland. It is a mid weight linen suitable for oversized shirts and tops, skirts, jumpsuits, trousers, kimono, and statement dresses. This is a narrower Japanese cloth so you will need at least 3-4m for a dress (perhaps more for a maxi, full sleeves or full skirt). This is a special shipment and they won't be repeated.
- Soft, Fluid, Bio/Enzyme/Vintage wash French Flax Linen
- Pattern is directional
- 120 cm wide
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The A Line Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, The Culottes
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- Assembly Line - Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Wide Leg Jumpsuit, Minimalist Kaftan, Puff Shirt, Cap Sleeve Top, Tie Bow Blouse, Oversized Shirt.
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck Top, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Maison Fauve - Atlas, Kim, Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Lauren
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Valo.
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Celestial, Ashling, Estella
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Ibi
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Phen Shirt
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Linen is a natural fibre and as such cannot be ‘uniform’ in the way man-made fibres can. What used to be considered ‘irregularities’ in the cloth (such as slubs or irregular lumps and bumps), are now universally embraced as part of the aesthetic appeal of this cloth.
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful crumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering (although this linen is already soft).