100% Viscose Challis - Geo
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (= .5m; ½ m). For example, if you would like 2.5m, then enter the quantity ‘5’. As Cloth Edit only receives limited quantities of each fabric, err on the side of caution when ordering. Take into account any additional length etc.
Every effort has been made to present the fabric as accurately as possible. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
Go ‘Geo’ for a 70s inspired take on a blouse or dress. It looks fantastic clashed against NEW Italian Tweed ‘Parade’ (Coming Soon), and plays so well with the Designer Dark Blue Stretch Denim, and Takumi Linen. The Navy, taupe, white, seafoam and pink combination is modern and opens options for co-ords. It is very smooth and feels cool and soft against the skin.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops, blouses or wrap tops. The fabric is fluid and floaty so consider a stunning wrap dress or kaftan, or even a robe or Kimono. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Tie Bow Blouse, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Puff Shirt, Minimalist Kaftan.
- Friday Pattern Company - Wilder Gown, Square Neck Top, Sagebrush Top.
- I AM Patterns – Hermes, Joy, Jain, Juliette, Lucienne, Cassiopee, Gaia top
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Charlie, Cielo, Elodie
- Folkwear Patterns – Hapi and Haori, Gaza Dress, Japanese Field Clothing, Japanese Kimono, Old Mexico Dress
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- Named Patterns – Helmi shirt or dress, Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee - Bloomsbury, Bakerloo, Park Lane
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Vera, Coeli
Viscose is a regenerated cellulose fibre made from natural cellulose sources such as wood pulp. It is delicate and requires special care to reduce the risk of being pulled out of shape, pilling, and shrinkage. Hand washing is recommended as it is especially delicate when wet. Turn inside out and wash in cold or lukewarm water. Do not twist/wring. Machine wash at own risk. Turn inside out to minimise fading and use a mesh washing bag so the garment is not pulled and distorted. Wash in a cool, delicate cycle. Dry flat or on a padded hanger. Do not dry in a dryer as the fabric will shrink. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.