This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Viscose Challis – Petite Paisley (Dark Navy)
This is the lightest viscose challis I have come across, and so wonderful for summer. I initially thought the tiny paisley design was black, but after doing the photography and zooming in, I discovered it's navy! It could pass for black (if you were wanting to wear it with black bottoms), but it would also look great with denim. Do not rule out dresses. It is semi-transparent, but a little slip or lining in the same fabric would be a fabulous idea and open up your creative possibilities. This is classic and understated, but also fantastic for frills, gathers and pleats.
Designer | Dead Stock
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, tunic, shirt dresses), fuller skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated).
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Lizz, Sandeep, Tamzin, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress, Armistice Blouse.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Hermes, Jane, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi,
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, Tie Bow Blouse
Viscose and Rayon are regenerated cellulose fibres made from natural cellulose sources such as wood pulp. It is delicate and requires special care to reduce the risk of being pulled out of shape, pilling, and shrinkage. Hand washing is recommended as it is especially delicate when wet. Turn inside out and wash in cold or lukewarm water. Do not twist/wring. Machine wash at own risk. Turn inside out to minimise fading and use a mesh washing bag so the garment is not pulled and distorted. Wash in a cool, delicate cycle. Dry flat or on a padded hanger. Do not dry in a dryer as the fabric will shrink. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.