100% Viscose Crepe – My Blue Bandana
My Blue Bandana gives you the 1970s patched handkerchief garment vibe without the piecing. The fabric using four different bandana designs in various positions, creating the patched look. The cobalt blue is stunning, and looks so chic combined with the rich brown, and the light taupe and white keep the whole fabric light and perfect for summer. It will look fantastic with your summer sandals or sneakers. This is excellent quality, is crease resistant, and has beautiful drape that will bring simple shaped tops, skirts and dresses to life. The fabric is perfect for gorgeous gathers, pleats and flounces, but you may want to keep it simple and chic, and highlight those bandanas.
It is semi-opaque, but flesh toned undergarments will be all you need for tops, and skirts may need a slip. I tend to think you will be fine though, given the amount of dark cobalt.
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light with small, soft folds close to the body. Also consider dresses such as wraps, shifts, and kaftans. Maxis, full or wrap skirts would be beautiful. A stunning robe for lounging would be gorgeous, but it would deserve to be seen outdoors, so you could team your robe with simple pants and tops.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck Top, Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jane, Joy, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi, Calvari
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep
Viscose is a regenerated cellulose fibre made from natural cellulose sources such as wood pulp. It is delicate and requires special care to reduce the risk of being pulled out of shape, pilling, and shrinkage. Hand washing is recommended as it is especially delicate when wet. Turn inside out and wash in cold or lukewarm water. Do not twist/wring. Machine wash at own risk. Turn inside out to minimise fading and use a mesh washing bag so the garment is not pulled and distorted. Wash in a cool, delicate cycle. Dry flat or on a padded hanger. Do not dry in a dryer as the fabric will shrink. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting. Spot test ironing.