This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Viscose – Dutch Still Life
The dark background and the tumble of blooms is reminiscent of the Dutch masters. This is a light weight viscose challis, with the usual gorgeous drape we love. The colours are muted, and include dusky and mushroom pinks, with moments of darker plummy tones. The foliage is a grey | green; soft and beautiful. This Viscose would be an outstanding dress with a fuller skirt, but also gorgeous in shirts and blouses. I’ve had this on order for over three months, and I’m so glad it is finally here. The cloth is semi-transparent, but you may only need a slip for skirts (although if the skirt is full, you will probably not worry about it).
- Designer | Dead Stock
- 140cm Wide
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, tunic, shirt dresses), fuller skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated).
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Lizz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress, Armistice Blouse.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Hermes, Jane, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi,
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, Tie Bow Blouse
Viscose and Rayon are regenerated cellulose fibres made from natural cellulose sources such as wood pulp. It is delicate and requires special care to reduce the risk of being pulled out of shape, pilling, and shrinkage. Hand washing is recommended as it is especially delicate when wet. Turn inside out and wash in cold or lukewarm water. Do not twist/wring. Machine wash at own risk. Turn inside out to minimise fading and use a mesh washing bag so the garment is not pulled and distorted. Wash in a cool, delicate cycle. Dry flat or on a padded hanger. Do not dry in a dryer as the fabric will shrink. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.