This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
'Escapade' is a beautifully soft and lighter weight Linen blend, ready for inspired summer sewing. This is a vibrant mid-sized watercolour print on a cream base with flowers in dreamy lilacs and pinks, purples, grey, black, peach and apricot, and the 'stand-out' bevy of beautiful blues. You will see small dashes of green in this print. The foreground features delicate flowers, with variegations of pinks and lilacs coming together to great effect. The background of the print contains impressions of what I see as pompon shaped flowers. There is depth and interest to this design, and it's perfect for shirts, blouse, dresses and skirts. It has great drape and will move in the breeze.
- 50% Linen 50% Cotton
- 140cm wide
- approx. 150gsm
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London - Lizz, Tamzin, Sandeep, Hannah
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Acton Dress.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Magdala, Barbara
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Ashling, Celestia, Estella.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.