55% Linen 45% Cotton – Mystify *Last Piece 3m $89.50
*Last Piece 3m $89.50
55% Linen 45% Cotton – Mystify
- 140cm Wide
- Approx. 160gsm
This is a fresh abstract print on a natural colour background. The vibrant green is beautifully complimented by indigo, lavender, and variegations of pinks. Running amongst the smaller triangles and squares is a linear maze, adding interest, and there are also curves and wavy lines to balance the straight angles.
The fabric is on the lighter side (about the same weight as our lighter linens), holds some shape, and falls in soft folds. This would be perfect for statement sleeves that need a fabric to hold those gathers up a bit, and optimise volume. That being noted, it would be perfect for semi-fitted tops, shirts and blouses, and would provide a lovely option for statement dresses skirts or loose pants. It is semi-transparent in the sunlight if you hold your hand under it, but once you have the cloth around you, experience tells us that it’s often not as see-through as imagined. For bottoms you would probably just need your normal fresh toned underwear.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses); skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie, Tilbury, All Seasons
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.