60% Cotton 40% Poly ‘Lead Light’ – Made in Japan
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (= .5m; ½ m). For example, if you would like 2.5m, then enter the quantity ‘5’. As Cloth Edit only receives limited quantities of each fabric, err on the side of caution when ordering. Take into account any additional length etc.
Every effort has been made to present the fabric as accurately as possible. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
Cloth Edit focuses on natural fibres, but this Cotton/Poly blend is so unique it has a special place in the collection. This Japanese cloth has the hand of a silk taffeta. It has a surface like a super-fine grosgrain which makes it very resistant to creasing. It is a great option for lighter weight lined jackets, jumpsuits, and would be superb in a blouse or dress. It would hold great shape in a fit and flare dress, but it isn’t ‘stiff’.
For your cloth edit consider: loose or semi-fitted tops, shirts, blouses or wrap tops. The fabric is fluid and floaty so consider frills, flounces, a stunning wrap dress or kaftan, or even a robe or Kimono. A full or wrap skirt, jumpsuit or jacket would also be beautiful.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Tie Bow Blouse, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Cap Sleeve Shirt, Puff Shirt, Multi-Sleeve Midi Dress, Oversized Shirt, Wide-Leg Jump Suit, Minimalist Kaftan
- Friday Pattern Company - Wilder Gown, Square Neck Top, Sagebrush Top, Adrianna.
- I AM Patterns – Hermes, Joy, Jain, Juliette, Lucienne, Cassiopee, Gaia top, Cinderella, Irma, Sherazade.
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Charlie, Cielo, Elodie
- Folkwear Patterns – Hapi and Haori, Gaza Dress, Japanese Field Clothing, Japanese Kimono, Old Mexico Dress
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Darlow.
- Named Patterns – Helmi shirt or dress, Reeta Shirt Dress, Valo.
- Nina Lee - Bloomsbury, Bakerloo, Park Lane, Kew, Portobello Trousers.
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Juno, Kobe, Stacker (may need interlining), Kobe.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Vali, Mersis, Celestial.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Vera, Coeli, Calvari, Coeli, Lliria, Mila, Sedavi.
This Cotton Polyester Blend can be machined washed on a gentle, cool cycle. Turn inside out to minimise fading, use a mesh washing bag, and dry on a hanger. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.