60% Cotton 40% Poly ‘Artful Repose’ – Made in Japan - Clearance Fabric Sale 30% Off
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
30% Discount Applied at the Checkout
60% Cotton 40% Poly ‘Artful Repose’
- 148cm Wide
- Approx. 190gsm
- Made in Japan
This Japanese cotton blend has the hand of silk taffeta. The green in this striking print is stunning. It's in the realm of forest greens, but it is dancing toward jade, and in fact you can glimpse jade moments in this design. The presence of butter and white, along with the touches of charcoal, mean that this is perfect for teaming with plain tees or sweaters. I am envisaging a midi statement skirt with a semi-fitted charcoal/black sweater (or a white tee), worn with sneakers. The surface has the effect of super-fine grosgrain, which makes it very resistant to creasing.
It is a great option for loose or semi-fitted tops, shirts, blouses and dresses. The fabric has great fluidity so consider flounces, a stunning wrap dress, or even a robe. A full midi or maxi length statement skirt would also be a sensation. This would have just the right body in a fit-and-flare design, but it isn’t ‘stiff’. There isn't much polyester found on the Cloth Edit site, but there is always a special place for super high quality Japanese fibres like these.
We stock so many beautiful indie sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this unique fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Lizz, Sandeep, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Pauline Dress, Fiore
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top)
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Joy, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress, Helmi, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Tula, Estella, Celestia, Ashling.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Lliria, Mila
- Pattern Fantastique – Vali, Celestial, Mersis
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
This Cotton Polyester Blend can be machined washed on a gentle, cool cycle. Turn inside out to minimise fading, use a mesh washing bag, and dry on a hanger. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.