90% Linen 10% Silk – 'Abstract Plumes - Sunshine' ***NEW***
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
Love print but not florals?
'Abstract Plumes - Sunshine' is the same geometric and bird design as 'Abstract Plumes', but the pinks and mauves have been replaced with fresh yellow, teal, mint and light olive and light khaki. There are moments of orange, tomato red, deep purple, cream, white and brown. The geometric shapes are brought together with branches, foliage, and gorgeous little birds. The print is directional, so take this into account when ordering. The 4:3 images give a great sense of the scale of the print, and how sensational it would look in longer dresses and skirts.
I hope you enjoy it.
140 cm wide. 145/150gsm.
The Linen Silk blends are gaining an enthusiastic following. It is a stunning fabric, and perfect for summer - for cool and flowing dresses, skirts, wide leg trousers or tops - but also great for blouses and shirts in the cooler months. It only creases a little; certainly not as much as a 100% linen. It irons beautifully. It is 140cm wide, reasonably ligh. It is so soft and cool against the skin, and the drape is amazing. It’s washable by hand or (at own risk) on a very delicate, cool, machine wash cycle (in a mesh washing bag).
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen/Silk. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London - Anna, Lizz, Tamzin, Sandeep, Hannah
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Acton Dress.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Magdala, Barbara
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Ashling, Celestia, Estella.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, BUT this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you machine wash, then use a delicate cycle, and use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.