90% Linen 10% Silk – 'Bonjour Spring' Pink (Sold in Panels)
- '1' = 1 Repeat/Panel, which is approx. 89-90cm.
- See the second image for an indication of what one panel looks like :-)
- For example: 3 Panels would be approx. 2.7m, 4 Panels would be about 3.6m, 5 Panels would be 4.5m.
- If you purchase multiple panels they are left as a continuous piece.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
90% Linen 10% Silk – 'Bonjour Spring' Pink
Cloth Edit continues its search for stunning border prints, and Bonjour Spring in Multi and Pink are the latest additions. The panel print runs from one selvage to the other. One side (the top) of the print features a dappled abstract design which contains soft grey, muted green and pinks. As your eye moves to the lower border (bottom), the dappled design shifts to gorgeous, generous flowers of variegated powder blue, soft grey, white, raspberry, reds, and plum. The use of green and brown-y taupes across the design brings a coherence. As with the gorgeous 'Impressions' prints, this could be an elegant special occasion dress, but it’s also very wearable, and perfect for your ‘go to’ dress this summer. We suggest at least 3-4 panels if you would like fullness to your dress. The panels are close to a metre so this will make your planning somewhat straight forward.
The blooms reach up the fabric to the 84cm mark. As such, the remaining 56cm from the 'top' features the more abstract portions. Cut your dress according to the fabric gradient (i.e the more abstract section at the top/bodice), or capture the bold blooms in the bodice or the sleeves.
140 cm wide. 145gsm.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or loose shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses, maxi), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- P & M Patterns - Aimee, Cleo, Ethel, Jaya, Joy, Gus, Josephine, Mome, Yze, Zak.
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie, Tilbury, All Seasons
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, but this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you risk machine washing (at own risk) then use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.