90% Linen 10% Silk – Botanicals – Mount. Tamborine
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the Swatch Service can eliminate disappointment. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
The ‘Botanical – Mt. Tamborine’ stunning leaf print has a charcoal/black background, and an array of sub-tropical yellow-green foliage. There are moments of yellow and quite a bit of a lovely soft pink. The addition of the white Monstera makes this a chic botanical design. It is a unique fabric, and perfect for summer - for cool and flowing dresses, skirts, wide leg trousers or tops - but also for blouses and shirts in the cooler months. This is a superb fabric. It creases a little, but I don’t think it does as much as a 100% linen. It is 140cm wide, reasonable light, but a bit heavier than a quality oxford cotton shirting (it’s approx. 145/150gsm). It is so soft and cool against the skin, and the drape is amazing. It’s washable by hand or (at own risk) on a very delicate, cool, machine wash cycle (in a mesh washing bag).
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen/Silk. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Acton Dress.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Hermes, Jane, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee — Bakerloo, Bloomsbury, Kew Dress and Skirt, Park Lane Dress and Blouse
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, BUT this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you machine wash, then use a delicate cycle, and use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.