90% Linen 10% Silk – 'Hydrangea & Rose' - Green *NEW
90% Linen 10% Silk – Hydrangea & Rose - Green
Hydrangea & Rose is a muted representation of a dreamy tangle of these two blooms. The variegated green foliage is as beautiful as the white hydrangea petals and pink roses. The print is not directional.
All the Linen | Silk fabrics are so soft against the skin, and the ethereal drape produces soft folds on and away from the body. It’s washable by hand or on a very delicate, cool, machine wash cycle (in a mesh washing bag). See the Cloth Care advice Below.
140cm Wide; 145/150gsm
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or loose shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, tunic, shirt dresses, maxi), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated). It would be great in pants or shorts also.
Here are some indie sewing pattern suggestions:
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Anna, Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Hughes.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, but this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you risk machine washing (at own risk) then use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.