90% Linen 10% Silk – Terrace *NEW* - Back in Stock - Last Roll (Only 5m Left)
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
90% Linen 10% Silk – Terrace Floral Print
This sensational floral print includes rich burgundy blooms, alongside delicate variegated white and pale pink flowers. The foliage ranges from a muted light green, to darker hues. Moments of taupe and grey meld the arrangement together, and it sits on the most beautiful vanilla. The print, whilst incorporating some classic floral elements, echoes the romantic contemporary designers, who embrace unbridled floral designs. This is such a beautiful cloth. I hope you enjoy creating stunning statement blouses and dresses.
140 cm wide. 145gsm.
The Linen Silk blends are gaining an enthusiastic following. It is a stunning fabric, and perfect for summer - for cool and flowing dresses, skirts, wide leg trousers or tops - but also great for blouses and shirts in the cooler months. It creases a little, but not as much as a 100% linen. It irons beautifully. It is 140cm wide, reasonably light, but a bit heavier than a quality oxford cotton shirting (it’s approx. 145/150gsm). It is so soft and cool against the skin, and the drape is amazing. It’s washable by hand or on a very delicate, cool, machine wash cycle (in a mesh washing bag). It washes beautifully.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Linen/Silk. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiore, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Adrianna Dress, Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top, Acton Dress.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Ashling, Estella, Celestia
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami, Ibi, Reina
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
The general advice is to Dry Clean silk, BUT this is only 10% Silk and so you could certainly hand wash this fabric. If you machine wash, then use a delicate cycle, and use a gentle detergent such as a baby shampoo or specialist silk detergent as the chemicals and bleach in regular washing liquids and powders may damage the silk. Use a mesh washing bag. For hand-washing and machine washing use cool water. Hot water is harmful to the silk fibre. Do not bleach, wring, or tumble dry. Do not spot clean silk. Wash colours separately. Wash inside out and dry flat or on a soft finish hanger in shade. Use a warm iron and spot test.