90% Modal 10% Spandex Knit - Tomato & White - REMNANT 1.5M Was $37.40 Now $19.95
REMNANT 1.5M Was $37.40 Now $19.95
That's over 45% Off
90% Modal 10% Spandex Knit - Made in NZ - Tomato and White
- 147cm Wide
- Designer Fabric / Dead Stock
This gorgeous quality 90% Modal / 10% Spandex striped cloth is sourced from an Australian designer who manufactures their garments locally, only ever using cloth that is made in Australia and New Zealand.
This bespoke cloth has very good 4-way stretch and excellent recovery. This Modal is on the stable side, and has good drape. It works well with designs that have some negative ease, but also suits t-shirts, t-shirt dresses and light sweaters that fit or ‘skim’ rather than stretching too tightly around the body. Because it does drape, it is also perfect for any statement sleeve pullover tops, and more trapeze shaped tops and dresses.
There may be slight shade differences between rolls of fabric, so ensure you purchase enough for your project. The selvages have small dots of a dried, clear adhesive, used for loom and roll stability. The indicated fabric width does not include the selvage.
For your cloth edit consider: semi fitted and loose tops, tunics and dresses, loose elastic waist pants, a kimono or robe (short or full length), easy elastic waist maxi skirts, and light weight sweaters.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Atelier Brunette - Le Sweat
- Atelier Jupe - Charlie
- Atelier Scammit - Horizon
- Friday Pattern Co. – Arlo
- I AM Patterns – Emilien, Rainbow, Lion, Zebra, Chantal
- Named Patterns – Sloane, Talvikki
- Papercut Patterns – Juno, Solar, Tula.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Maritims
- Pattern Fantastique – Aeolian Tee and Dress
- Maison Fauve - Granite
- Sew House Seven - Toaster Sweater, Cosmos
- Sewing and the City - Bleeker
- Tilly and the Buttons - Agnes, Billie, Coco, Pearl
This Modal knit is resilient and luxurious, but also can be delicate. It will last for a long time, and retain its colour and shape if it is looked after. Due to its spandex content it can’t be treated as freely as 100% Modal. Follow these guidelines to ensure the garment has longevity, and to avoid disappointment:
- Normal Cold Machine Wash
- Do Not Wring
- Do Not bleach
- Dry in the shade (preferably flat).
- Cool Iron (but preferably let any creases fall out as you wear it)
- Do Not tumble dry. Dryers destroy spandex over time. From time to time is fine.
- If there is a lot of weight in the garment, store it folded rather than hanging it on a hanger.