97% Cotton and 3% Spandex (Woven) - Etchings - Clearance Fabric Sale 30% Off
30% Discount Applied at the Checkout
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details..
97% Cotton 3% Spandex – Etchings
This is such an interesting fabric. For those who love black and white, this is a gorgeous geometric print. The overall effect is like etchings; that creative way of scratching through the black surface to reveal something unexpected underneath. The print also incorporates a subtle, but effective, dark taupe stripe. This cloth is perfect for dresses such as fit and flare, tunics, shirt dresses, shifts and sheaths. It is also great for loose or fitted pants, and A-line or fuller skirts. It would be great in a wrap top or wrap dress. It has the added comfort of 3% elastane. This makes fitting bodices that bit more forgiving, and pants comfortable.
NOTE - this is 112cm wide
Ex-designer dead stock
For your cloth edit consider: dresses (eg. tunic, shirt dress, sheath, shift, A-Line, halter), tops (eg. semi-fitted or looser - shell, tank, halter, wrap, shirt), A Line or fuller skirts, pants.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Cap Sleeve Shirt, Oversized Shirt
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiona
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Tibetan Chupa, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Aura, Ashling, Estella, Pinnacle, Guise, Meridian, Juno, Tula.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress
- Pattern Fantastique – Celestial, Mersis, Terra, Aeolian
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
Cotton is an easy care fibre as it is strong when wet, and so it can be machine washed. While 100% cotton is often tumble dried the 3% elastane in this stretch woven means that tumble drying will adversely affect the fabric. Do not tumble dry. The finished garment will look better and last longer if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. While cotton needs a hot iron, the elastane content means you will need to test the fabric, so start on a cooler setting, and iron on the wrong side. We suggest cushioning darts when ironing so the dart doesn’t show through on the right side.