97% Cotton and 3% Spandex (Woven) - Tea Garden
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
97% Cotton 3% Spandex – Tea Garden
‘Tea Garden’ is a sumptuous floral, with gorgeous variegations of pinks, blues and greens. I can envisage this worn to a garden party, but this fabric would feel right at home by the pool or at a wedding. It’s a knockout. The background is a very deep navy (the darkest of navy), but most would see it as black. This is an exceptional quality stretch woven, that isn’t heavy and ‘stiff’, but is soft, drapes beautifully, and will be stunning for dresses and full skirts. It has the added comfort of 3% elastane. This makes fitting bodices that bit more forgiving. It has a very slight sheen on the right side, and it feels smooth.
For your cloth edit consider: dresses (eg. tunic, shirt dress, sheath, shift, A-Line, halter), tops (eg. semi-fitted or looser - shell, tank, halter, wrap, shirt), A Line or fuller skirts, wider leg pants.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Cap Sleeve Shirt, Oversized Shirt
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiona
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Tibetan Chupa, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Guise, Meridian, Juno, Tula.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Sedavi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial, Mersis, Vali.
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
Cotton is an easy care fibre as it is strong when wet, and so it can be machine washed. While 100% cotton is often tumble dried the 3% elastane in this stretch woven means that tumble drying will adversely affect the fabric. Do not tumble dry. The finished garment will look better and last longer if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. While cotton needs a hot iron, the elastane content means you will need to test the fabric, so start on a cooler setting, and iron on the wrong side. We suggest cushioning darts when ironing so the dart doesn’t show through on the right side.