Atelier Brunette - Corduroy - Rust REMNANT .68m Was $29.85 Now $19.95
REMNANT .68m Was $29.85 Now $19.95
That's 30% Off
Atelier Brunette - Corduroy - Rust
I have been searching for Velvets and Corduroy for the Cloth Edit Winter Collection, and Atelier Brunette has come up trumps. Emblematic of 1970s fashion, corduroy is back on the sewing scene for creating tailored pieces including oversized jackets, trousers and overalls. Atelier Brunette's bright, soft and stylish corduroy can be used to create perfect staple pieces for your wardrobe.
- 100% Cotton
- 150 cm wide
- Designed in France // Made in India
- Standard 100 Oeko-Tex and Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) certified
- Cold wash, delicate cycle, do not tumble dry
Note that the Atelier Brunette Rust Corduroy and the Rust Dandy Velvet are very close in colour. This cord combines 2.5mm and 4mm wales, which makes for added interest and distinguishes it from a regular cord. The cloth measures 6 ½ wales per inch.
General Tips for Sewing Corduroy:
- Take care with the 'Nap' when cutting out. Keep the Nap running down (so it is smooth when you run your hand down the garment), unless you are going for some contrast texture etc.
- I'd use #14 - #16 Universal sewing machine needles
- When you put right sides together, the fabric will want to shift around a bit. A Walking Foot will help keep the layers together. Make sure you use lots of pins or baste the seam first.
- Don't press in the normal manner. Try to rely on steaming without using the weight of the iron. You don't want seams to imbed the right side of the garment. If you are ironing on the reverse side, put a towel on the ironing board so the pile doesn't flatten, and avoid the seamlines.
We stock so many Indie Pattern that would be perfect for this cloth:
Avid Seamstress: Blazer, Culottes, City Trousers
Closet Core: Fiona, Jasika, Jenny, Pietra
Friday Pattern Co.: Cambria, Heather Blazer, Ilford
I AM Patterns: Armour, Merlin, Nout, Sunshine.
Maison Fauve: Belem, Brooklyn, Ispahan, Kim, Manhattan, Pilar, Tsar
Merchant and Mills: Miller, Shepherd.
Papercut Patterns: Axis, Guise, Juno, Palisade, Nova, Tula.
Pattern Fantastique: Terra.
Pauline Alice: Albors, Romero.
Washing Instructions: Cold wash, delicate cycle, do not tumble dry