100% Cotton Double Gauze – Classic Pink Gingham
It’s the colour of nostalgic fairy floss, and this soft and light double gauze cotton will bring a freshness into your wardrobe. Nothing is quite as cool as wearing cotton on a summer’s day, and this designer / dead stock classic gingham beckons summer dresses and loose and cool tops. This could also be a fantastic classic shirt in cooler months. You may want to line a skirt, but really, you shouldn’t need to. You will just need fleshed toned underwear. The wrong side of the fabric is white. The checks are 18mm square. 147cm wide.
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or looser shirts, blouses, tops and tunics; dresses (eg. wrap, tunic, shirt dresses), skirts (eg. wrap, midi, gathered, pleated).
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Pauline Dress
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Nina Lee — Bakerloo, Bloomsbury, Kew Dress and Skirt, Park Lane Dress and Blouse
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle,
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Vera, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Whilst cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problems, this is a double gauze fabric, whereby there are little stiches intermittently holding the two finer layers together. As such this need to be treated with a bit more care. Wash colours separately. Use a mesh washing bag and wash on a delicate cycle. Do not tumble dry. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.