100% Japanese Cotton Double Gauze – Soba Spot *NEW*
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’. If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
100% Japanese Cotton Double Gauze – Soba Spot
The new quartet of Japanese double gauze spot fabrics are super soft, and have a nice close weave. They are fantastic quality. While these fabric are perfect for summer tops and dresses, they are also sublime for autumnal blouses and frocks. The under-cloth is white. This Soba coloured cloth is also akin to latte or light caramel.
- 146cm Wide
- Made in Japan
For your cloth edit consider: loose tops/blouses/shirts or wrap tops. The fabric is light but holds some shape so consider dresses such as wraps, tunics, and shirt dresses. A full or wrap skirt would also be beautiful.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Gaza Dress, Armistice Blouse.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saltwater Slip Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Coeli, Sedavi, Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress., Ibi
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Vali, Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Vali
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or and use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.