97% Cotton and 3% Spandex (Woven) - Cherry Blossom
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
97% Cotton 3% Spandex – Cherry Blossom
As spring turns to summer in Japan, the cherry blossoms start to lose their flowers, and beautiful green leaves emerge and mingle with the pink hues. This is an exceptional quality stretch woven, that isn’t heavy and ‘stiff’, but is soft, drapes beautifully, and will be stunning for shirts and dresses. The cloth has a white background, which intensifies the vibrant colours of the blooms and foliage. The moments of black make it easy to coordinate with black though. It is also perfect for looser pants, and A-line or fuller skirts. It would be great in a wrap top, simple tunic dress, and equally as beautiful in something with more fullness, such as a midi wrap dress. It has the added comfort of 3% elastane. This makes fitting bodices that bit more forgiving. It has a very slight sheen on the right side, and it feels smooth. 148cm wide.
For your cloth edit consider: dresses (eg. tunic, shirt dress, sheath, shift, A-Line, halter), tops (eg. semi-fitted or looser - shell, tank, halter, wrap, shirt), A Line or fuller skirts, wider leg pants.
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Cap Sleeve Shirt, Oversized Shirt
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Fiona
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Tibetan Chupa, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Hughes Dress, Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Aura, Tide, Pinnacle, Guise, Meridian, Juno, Tula.
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Sedavi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial, Mersis, Vali.
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
Cotton is an easy care fibre as it is strong when wet, and so it can be machine washed. While 100% cotton is often tumble dried the 3% elastane in this stretch woven means that tumble drying will adversely affect the fabric. Do not tumble dry. The finished garment will look better and last longer if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. While cotton needs a hot iron, the elastane content means you will need to test the fabric, so start on a cooler setting, and iron on the wrong side. We suggest cushioning darts when ironing so the dart doesn’t show through on the right side.