I AM Patterns - Panoramix
About the Panoramix
I AM Patterns’ Panoramix are ankle length, high-waisted tapered trousers. They’re finished with a facing at the waist, and they have an invisible zipper at the side. On the back you can sew welt or patch pockets, and you can choose to sew these pants with or without an asymmetrical wrap on the front.
- Version A: Wrap tapered trousers with welt pockets
- Version B: Wrap tapered trousers with patch pockets
- Version C: Tapered trousers with welt pockets
- Version D: Tapered trousers with patch pockets
In an effort to reduce paper usage some pattern pieces overlap with each other, so you will need to trace the pattern on paper or our Vilene Light. (Note - the overlapping is neither extensive nor hard to discern).
The packaging for I AM Patterns is beautiful but tricky to get into without ripping the lovely gold card that backs the pattern. Our suggestion is to jiggle the pattern down as far as it goes, and neatly cut off the top of the pattern. You will need to snip off approximately 1.75cm, but take care to steer clear of the pattern itself.
For your Panoramix, select lightweight denim, linen, wax, lightweight twill, lightweight gabardine, double gauze, lightweight jacquard, or wool blends.
- Trousers: 2 1/4 yards by 55’’ wide
- Cropped trousers: 1 7/8 yard by 55’’ wide
- Shorts: 1 1/8 yard by 55’’ wide
- Iron-on interfacing: 16” by 26” (40 cm by 65 cm)
- One 8” long (20 cm) invisible zipper
- One invisible zipper presser foot
The Panoramix Pants cover the size range of 36-46. The image includes measurements for other sizes, but sizes 48-52 relate to the PDF version, only available directly from the pattern company.
Level of Difficulty
I AM Patterns indicates that Panoramix is a 'simple' pattern. The instructions are clear, with step by step illustrations.
I AM Patterns is a very popular French independent sewing pattern company, owned by two sisters: Marie-Emilienne (founder and designer) and Blandine (marketing manager). I AM Patterns’ designs are modern and push the boundaries, but they also include timeless pieces. I hope you enjoy exploring their range.