Liberty Fabrics ~ 'Sambourne' Old Gold - Classic Collection 2022
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
'Sambourne' Old Gold - Classic Collection 2022
Sambourne is an ornamental monochrome floral print with roses, lilies and pomegranates hiding amongst the decorative foliage. This print was originally hand drawn for Liberty in 1971, and the title is taken from Linley Sambourne; owner of Stafford Terrace. The Old Gold colourway is a fantastic autumnal colour. It’s such a lovely change to see the gorgeous monochromatic florals, and this would be a gorgeous shirt or dress.
The Liberty Fabrics’ Classics collection started in 1979, created to champion the most well-known and iconic designs from the Liberty archive all year around. The 40th Anniversary Classics Collection is a selection of Liberty’s most popular designs across the last four decades. The collection pays tribute to the history of the Liberty Classics Collection and the enduring popularity and fame of these designs. The collection offers reworked and recoloured interpretations of Liberty’s most quintessential Liberty heritage designs – including Art Nouveau motifs, paisley prints, landscapes and ditsy florals.
Liberty Fabrics’ Tana Lawn™ cotton is created through obsession, and perfected into a modern masterpiece through a bespoke process that has evolved over a century. Tana Lawn is printed in Liberty Fabrics’ very own Printing Mill, located between Milan and Lake Como in northern Italy, using specially selected ultra-fine, long staple Egyptian cotton.
Tana Lawn has unmatchable fluidity with a silk-like touch, unique print quality and striking colour vibrancy. The cloth is machine washable and durable enough for daily wear. Create versatile, everyday simple separates, or spectacular statement garments.
Cloth Edit stock so many beautiful sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some Indie Pattern suggestions:
- Sewing and the City - Mercer.
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Tilbury, All Seasons, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia, Emily, Chloe, Pippa, Lottie/Kate, Solange, Savannah.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Aura, Helios
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa, Soho, Skyline, Chelsea, Salto.
- Named Patterns – Helmi (Tunic or Blouse), Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo, Hali, Syli, Taiko
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Pinnacle, Meridian
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami Shirt Dress, Lliria, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Mersis, Calyx, Celestial
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt
Washing Instructions: delicate cycle, do not tumble dry