Mönsterfabriken - Bonnie Shirt (Size 80-116)
About the Bonnie Shirt
- Size 80-116 (Pattern contains all sizes. See image for measurements)
- Designed and Made in Sweden
- Language ~ English
- Some Monsterfabriken patterns have some overlapping of pattern pieces, but most do not.
Bonnie is a really wide boxy shirt with a penguin sleeve and a gusset under the arm for increased comfort, movability and as a nice detail. It has a classical shirt collar but with a slightly wider fit around the neck for a more relaxed look. Bonnie has a hidden placket, slits at the sides and an asymmetrically cut yoke at the back.
Sew it in a fabric that is not too sturdy such as cotton shirt fabrics, linen, tencel, viscose or muslin, since the design requires some flow for the best impression and fit. The design is made to play around with top stitches and stripes. The yoke pieces at the back can either be cut with the traditional vertical grain line or place the grain line along the cutlines of the yoke for a graphical effect. You will also find cutlines on the pattern if you would like to make a dress version of Bonnie.
- This is a full scale colour printed pattern that is delivered with detailed sewing instructions. General detailed instructions are available as a download under SEWING INSTRUCTIONS with the code included in the pattern.
- Please note - the pattern and instructions are in English but Swedish instructions are available for download under SWEDISH SEWING INSTRUCTIONS with the code included in the pattern.
- Please note - seam allowances are included in the pattern.
Cloth Edit is a proud Australian stockist for Indie pattern designer Monsterfabriken. Monsterfabriken have years of pattern making experience for Swedish fashion and sport brands, and they decided to design for the home sewist. Their focus is fit, and creating patterns that are easy to follow and alter. There are two size ranges. Monsterfabriken believe that the body does not change linearly as the body grows larger and that the grading and base patterns needs to be adapted for this. The larger size range is therefore adapted to a curvier body.
Monsterfabriken believes that making your own clothes is a step towards a better environment. Making something from scratch makes you appreciate the work behind it. The designs are up to date but also have a fit that will last. They are plain but detailed so that you can easily adjust them after your body and your liking.
Sewing is some kind of therapy, and making something for yourself does not only create a value as a garment, but the creative process itself, makes you happier and more satisfied.
Level of Difficulty
This pattern is rated as level 3 of 5