The Avid Seamstress - The Pyjama Bottoms
About The Pyjama Bottoms
The Pyjama Bottoms are the perfect first sewing pattern for anyone taking their first steps into the world of dressmaking. The Pyjama Bottoms are full-length and have a relaxed fit with an elasticated waistband, side seam pockets and a tie front created with an optional buttonhole or mock tie. This pattern makes a gorgeous pair of trousers too -from a relaxed day to a smart evening trouser simply by the fabric choice.
The Pyjama Bottoms have been created with you, the beginner seamstress, in mind. Our clear and straightforward instructions are there to guide you through each step as if an expert seamstress is right there by your side.
From choosing the right fabric to taking accurate measurements and cutting out the pattern, to fabric lay plans, cutting tips and decoding pattern symbols and jargon, we‘ll take you through everything you need to know to make your own pyjama bottoms or trousers.
Pattern Sizes - UK 6 - UK 22
Skill Level - Beginner
Light to medium weight woven fabrics: cotton lawn, flannel, brushed cotton, cotton fleece or fabric that is soft & breathable with natural fibres. If making trousers this pattern works well with lightweight wovens such a linen & cotton or a silky fabric for an evening pair.
- Thread to match fabric
- 3cm wide elastic - 1.5m or narrower elastic
- Iron-on interfacing (light/medium) 15cm x 3cm (needed for buttonholes - omit if not putting in buttonhole close)
- Buttonhole presser foot (needed for buttonholes - omit if not putting in buttonhole close)
- Safety pin
- Sewing pattern sheet printed on high-quality 60gsm pattern paper (irons/pins beautifully) or select an option to receive an additional pattern sheet - perfect for toiles or if you would like to make various sizes
- Step-by-step instruction booklet with beautiful drawings
- This is our most extensive instruction book dedicated to teaching the foundation of sewing and you'll approach all your projects armed with great knowledge.
- All encased in a re-closable envelope
The Pyjama Bottom Sewing Pattern includes step-by-step instructions with beautifully drawn illustrations.