The Avid Seamstress - *NEW* The Sheath Dress
About The Sheath Dress
The Sheath Dress is a gorgeously draped garment with a flattering round neckline, elasticated waist, and invisible zip at the back. Your options are endless; make this dress with short or mid-length sleeves, with inner pockets or without.
Depending on your fabric choice you could omit the zip at the back or put a simple button tie.
New to sewing? No worries! With minimal pieces to cut out and the option to create a looser fit without the elastic waist, this is a dress you’ll love to wear year-round.
Please note that the skirt is slim/fitted on this dress so please check your measurements and easily grade to the next size at the skirt if you would like it looser.
Lightweight to medium-weight fabrics is perfect for this pretty dress. Not suitable for stripes, diagonals, or plaids. Always allow extra fabric to match one-way designs.
UK sizes 8-18
Fabric (at least 128cm wide), thread, 40cm/16" invisible zip, 1 metre elastic (max 25mm wide).
- Sewing pattern sheet printed on high-quality 60gsm pattern paper (irons/pins beautifully) or select an option to receive an additional pattern sheet - perfect for toiles or if you would like to make various sizes
- Step-by-step instruction booklet
- Guide to taking accurate measurements
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All encased in a re-closable envelope
The Sheath Dress includes step-by-step drawn instructions.