55% Hemp 45% Cotton (all Organic) - The Necessary Denim 215gsm
This Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, and the photos aren’t giving you enough detail, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. Each Swatch is .50c. See under the 'About' tab for more details.
The Necessary Denim 215gsm
This washed organic hemp and cotton denim is a lovely weight, and perfect for replacing heavier denim garments during spring and summer. The washed finish is similar to a ‘vintage washed’ linen finish, as it is supple, with an ever so slight crumpled surface. The hemp fibres are quite ‘springy’ and do not crease in the same way as linen can. Blended with the versatile, light and durable cotton, it is a perfect blend for summer.
- 146cm Wide
- Rasant Thread - 3447 is a good match
For your cloth edit consider: semi-fitted or loose tops, tunics and shirts, dresses (eg. wrap, fit and flare, kaftan, trapeze, tunic, shift, sheath, shirt dresses), loose pants/trousers/shorts/jumpsuits, a kimono or robe (short or full length), skirts (eg. A Line, wrap, maxi, gathered, pleated, panelled with a slight flare).
We stock so many beautiful indie patterns that would be a perfect match with this Cotton fabric. Here are some suggestions:
- By Hand London – Hannah, Tamzin, Anna
- Closet Core Patterns – Kalle, Cielo, Fiore
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt.
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Davenport, Hughes Dress.
- Homer + Howells – Cissy, Ingrid.
- In The Folds – Collins Top
- I AM Patterns – Cassiopee, Jain, Lucienne, Cinderella, Irma, Barbara, Sunshine
- Named Patterns – Reeta Shirt Dress, Helmi, Ninni, Inari
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Pinnacle, Meridian, Mirri Estella, Ashling, Tula
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Cami, Mila, Albors, Ayora, Romera, Serra
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial, Teia Dress, Cove Falda
- The Assembly Line – Cap Sleeve Shirt, Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, Wide Leg Jumpsuit, High Waist Trousers, Multi Sleeve Midi Dress.
This cloth will last for a long time, and retain its integrity if it is looked after. Follow these guidelines to ensure the garment has longevity, and to avoid disappointment:
- The selvages have small anchoring holes (for loom stability), and it would be a good idea to not only overlock or zigzag the cut edges before pre-washing, but do the same for the selvages.
- Gentle Warm Machine Wash
- Do Not Bleach
- Warm Rinse; Rinse Well
- Dry in the Shade
- Do Not Tumble Dry
- Do Not Dry Clean