100% Japanese Cotton Jacquard - 'Our Riviera' | Green | Ltd Ed.
Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
100% Japanese Cotton Jacquard - 'Our Riviera' | Green
- approx. 145gsm
- 147cm wide
- For your reference, the ‘Window’ is 22cm x 33cm, which it perfect for featuring in bodices and sleeves.
- Green colourway: features an array of green variations, oranges, yellows, and moments of pale apricot, all on a white background.
‘Our Riviera’ design is now available in a cool, Japanese Jacquard Cotton cloth, in three new colourways: Blue, Green, and Purple. Those who received a ‘House of G’ Club Cloth Edit box, or ‘House of Z - the Sequel’ will be familiar with this base cloth. It has an amazing soft, textural/jacquard surface that combines geometric and floral elements. ‘Our Riveira’ is a centerpiece print of Cloth Edit’s Spring Summer Collection. The print pays homage to those famous coastal regions of France and Italy and the many resort inspired collections I adore. Nevertheless, this print also encapsulates the Australian summer and how we live and dress; not just for holidays, but what we love to wear all summer in our warm climate.
The design is completely unique, and features a sun burst, decorative scrolls, small flowers and leaves, a modern take on paisley, and a glorious ‘window’ into a garden paradise. The artwork is thoughtful, balanced, and could best be described as a watercolour effect. You will notice in the full-width images that there is a pattern repeat, but the brilliance of this design is that the key elements (the sunburst, and the garden window) are staggered across the design. The many images give you a good indication of the scale and drape of the fabrics. I have made a dress in the ‘Our Riviera’ Green & Pink (Linen), so you could have a look at those images for a good indication of the scale of the print and how you can play with pattern placement. Also see the Cloth Edit Instagram post on this make.
It’s a limited-edition design, and Cloth Edit has managed to secure some. This is perfect for chic summer dresses and kaftans, cool overshirts, loose blouses, shorts, trousers, skirts and a modern co-ord look. The cloth is light weight (approx. 145gsm), washes beautifully, is soft against the skin, and drapes in soft folds.
You have so many options due to the array of colours. You might like to consider the blue, purple and green 'Clarity' buttons (15mm). You should also check out the Orange Flower Shell buttons.
We stock so many beautiful sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some Indie Pattern suggestions:
- Atelier Brunette - La Jupe, Le Pyjama, La Chemisette, La Robe Chemise, La Robe Butterfly
- Seasons of East - Summer in New York, Autumn in London
- Sewing and the City - Mercer, Essex
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Tilbury, All Seasons, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia, Emily, Chloe, Pippa, Lottie/Kate, Solange, Savannah, Lea.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, Sun Dress, Jumpset Dress.
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle, Nicks
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt, Poet's Shirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saturday Skirt Set, Saguaro, Donny, Avenir
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Aura, Helios, Heset, Marty
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa, Soho, Skyline, Chelsea, Haut Vol, Transat.
- Named Patterns – Helmi, Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo, Hali, Syli, Taiko, Lilja, Sylvi, Taiko, Sisko
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Meridian
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, The Shirt Dress
- Liberty Patterns - Beatrix, Natasha, Rosanna, Megan
- Sew House Seven - Romey, Remy, Sauvie, Wildwood
- Tilly and the Buttons - Mabel, Marnie, Lottie, Lyra, Stevie
- Stitched for Good - Chorizema, Waratah, Honeysuckle
While cotton can generally be machine washed and tumble dried without any problem, this is a lightweight and delicate fabric, so take more care of the cloth/garment, so hand wash or use a short / delicate cycle and place inside a mesh washing bag. Wash colours separately. The finished garment will last longer and look better if it is shaken out when wet, and placed on a hanger to dry. Tumble drying will shorten the life of the garment, and potentially damage the jacquard effect. Do Not Tumble Dry. To prevent fading, wash inside out and dry in the shade. Cotton needs a warm to hot iron. Conduct a spot test. Cotton is dry cleanable.