Fabric is sold in units of 50cm (.5m; ½ m). Eg. for 2.5m, enter the Quantity ‘5’.
If the precise colour, weight and feel of the fabric is important for your decision, the best option to eliminate disappointment is to use the Swatch Service. See under the 'About' tab and 'Cloth' tab for more details.
100% Linen - 'Geo Painterly' – Multi | Green
This is a Limited-Edition Fabric
- 141cm Wide
- Approx 190gsm
- Not Directional
You see the striking effect of this wonderful geo print when you look at the full-length draped images. The design is mesmerising. For lovers of green, this unique design combines pale grass green with soft sea green and turquoise, burnt orange, and is anchored with black and white. This would be great for separates and dresses. As with the other new linens, this is soft with a fine weave. It isn’t as light as some linens. It washes beautifully and doesn’t ‘crease’ a lot: it ‘rumples’ when you wear it.
It’s a limited-edition design, and Cloth Edit has managed to secure this fantastic print.
You have so many options due to the array of colours. Consider the many coloured shell, poly, wooden buttons in the Cloth Edit range.
We stock so many beautiful sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some Indie Pattern suggestions:
- Atelier Brunette - La Jupe, Le Pyjama, La Chemisette, La Chemise
- Seasons of East - Summer in New York, Autumn in London
- Sewing and the City - Mercer, Essex
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Tilbury, All Seasons, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia, Emily, Chloe, Pippa, Lottie/Kate, Solange, Savannah, Lea.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, Sun Dress, Jumpset Dress.
- Atelier Scammit - Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle, Nicks, Jo
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt, Poet's Shirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saturday Skirt Set, Saguaro, Donny, Avenir
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Aura, Helios, Heset, Marty
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa, Soho, Skyline, Chelsea, Haut Vol, Transat.
- Named Patterns – Helmi, Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo, Hali, Syli, Taiko, Lilja, Sylvi, Taiko, Sisko
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Meridian
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, The Shirt Dress
- Liberty Patterns - Beatrix, Natasha, Rosanna, Megan
- Sew House Seven - Romey, Remy, Sauvie, Wildwood
- Tilly and the Buttons - Mabel, Marnie, Lottie, Lyra, Stevie
- Stitched for Good - Chorizema, Waratah, Honeysuckle
We recommend a gentle machine wash or hand washing linen. It is important not to wring the fabric or garment, so if you are handwashing, roll up in a towel to press out excess water. To ensure the long life of a garment, don’t tumble dry as this breaks down the fibres. If you do tumble dry the cloth, then do so on a cooler setting. It is preferable to wash inside out. Wash colours separately. Shake out the wet garment and dry flat (or on a hanger) in the shade. Use a warm/hot iron and spot test. You may need a water spray bottle to get rid of the wrinkles when you are ironing, or just embrace the beautiful rumpled look of the cloth ;-). Linen softens upon wearing and laundering.