Artlux ~ 'Damson' Multi | Navy Marocaine Viscose ~ Made in Italy ~ EXCLUSIVE
Artlux ~ 'Damson' Multi | Navy - Marocaine Viscose
Cloth Edit is the EXCLUSIVE Australian and New Zealand stockist and brand ambassador for Artlux London fabrics.
The recent Club Cloth Edit 'House of L' edition launched three especially curated prints, but the exciting news is that there are three additional Limited Edition and Exclusive marocaine viscose prints that also celebrate the 'House of L' theme: Edith Pink & Red; Damson Navy; and Damson White.
‘Edith’ is a modern floral featuring a stunning colour combination of candy-apple red small-medium scale rambling flowers on a bubble-gum pink background.Enjoy the lux 'Damson' design, with a generous bed of pansies and poppy blooms on either a navy or white background. The vivid, joyful blooms are in a soft hand drawn style.
More About Artlux
Artlux London mainly work with fashion brands, but we are thrilled to bring their unique designs to the Antipodes. They hand draw and paint their designs, as well as use modem design methods. They don't supply many fabric stores as their focus is small fashion houses who want exceptional quality fabrics, with unique designs.
All Artlux fabrics are made in their Italian mill, to the highest quality. Artlux is the choice of many discerning designers, and we are proud to be their ambassador for Australia and New Zealand and offer an impressive collection to the home sewist. Be sure to subscribe to the Newsletter to be notified when the collection of luxury Artlux cotton lawn fabrics are released.
This viscose cloth is a substantial 140gsm, and made to Ecovero standards. It is officially a ‘crepe’ but it doesn’t have a very grainy texture. There is a soft silkiness to the finish. It’s not super slippery and is luxurious against the skin. It’s quite bouncy and is resistant to creasing and has good colour-fast qualities.
- Exclusive to Cloth Edit
- Luxury Viscose Marocaine
- 140cm wide
- Directional (stems run on grain)
We stock so many beautiful sewing patterns that would be a perfect match with this fabric. Here are some Indie Pattern suggestions:
- Ann Ringstrand - Holy Shirtdress, Gather Dress (and check out the SEW book).
- Atelier Brunette - La Jupe, Le Pyjama, La Chemisette, La Robe Chemise, La Robe Butterfly
- Seasons of East - Summer in New York, Autumn in London
- Sewing and the City - Mercer, Essex
- Merchant and Mills - Edie, Ellis and Hattie, Ellsworth, Factory, Florence, Shepherd, Winnie
- Now and Then - Beach Pyjamas, Tilbury, All Seasons, Hepburn, Revere, Amelie
- Atelier Jupe - Lynn, Zoey, Liv, Sienna, Frida, Tilda, Olivia, Emily, Chloe, Pippa, Lottie/Kate, Solange, Savannah, Lea, Alana, Este.
- The Avid Seamstress - The Blouse, The Everyday Shirt, The Raglan Dress, The Day Dress, The Pyjama Bottoms, Sun Dress, Jumpset Dress.
- Atelier Scammit - Petites Choses, Artesane, Astree, Vertige, Zephir
- By Hand London – Hannah, Liz, Sandeep, Tamzin
- Closet Core Patterns – Cielo, Elodie, Charlie, Carolyn, Pauline, Kalle, Nicks
- Folkwear Patterns – Mexico Dress (and Top), Hapi and Haori, Japanese Kimono, Walking Skirt, Poet's Shirt
- Friday Pattern Co. – Sagebrush Top, Square Neck, Top Wilder Gown, Davenport, Saturday Skirt Set, Saguaro, Donny, Avenir
- I AM Patterns – Barbara, Cassiopee, Gaia, Jain, Joy, Juliette, Lucienne, Sherazade, Cinderella, Irma, Octarine, Aura, Helios, Heset, Marty
- Maison Fauve - Tilda, Penelope, Zenith, Atlas, Lauren, Mia, Niki, Byzance, Violette, Marissa, Soho, Skyline, Chelsea, Haut Vol, Transat.
- Named Patterns – Helmi, Reeta Shirt Dress, Ninni, Valo, Hali, Syli, Taiko, Lilja, Sylvi, Taiko, Sisko
- Papercut Patterns – Array, Nexus, Sequence, Tide, Ashling, Estella, Tula, Celestia, Meridian
- Pauline Alice Patterns – Calvari, Ibi.
- Pattern Fantastique – Calyx, Celestial
- The Assembly Line – Cuff Top, Cuff Dress, Oversized Shirt, The Shirt Dress
- Liberty Patterns - Beatrix, Natasha, Rosanna, Megan
- Sew House Seven - Romey, Remy, Sauvie, Wildwood
- Tilly and the Buttons - Mabel, Marnie, Lottie, Lyra, Stevie
- Stitched for Good - Chorizema, Waratah, Honeysuckle
Washing instructions: machine washable at 30° on a delicate program, iron on a low setting and at the inside, no tumble dry. Always pre-wash, this fabric has a shrink percentage of up to 5%.
Viscose and Rayon are regenerated cellulose fibres made from natural cellulose sources such as wood pulp. It is delicate and requires special care to reduce the risk of being pulled out of shape, pilling, and shrinkage. Hand washing is recommended as it is especially delicate when wet. Turn inside out and wash in cold or lukewarm water. Do not twist/wring. Machine wash at own risk. Turn inside out to minimise fading and use a mesh washing bag so the garment is not pulled and distorted. Wash in a cool, delicate cycle. Dry flat or on a padded hanger. Do not dry in a dryer as the fabric will shrink. Iron on the reverse side and use a low setting.