Closet Core Patterns - Jasika Blazer
About the Jasika Blazer
The Jasika Blazer is a classic tailored jacket with a semi-fitted shape that will never go out of style. With just the right amount of polish and detail, Jasika is a wardrobe workhorse and a mighty skill builder. Closet Core instructions use modern speed tailoring methods, fusible interfacings, and minimal hand sewing to make tailoring fun and accessible for everyone. Make a blazer you'll want to wear forever!
This jacket is fully lined and features a classic notched collar, single-button closure, back vent, shoulder pads, welt pockets and gorgeous two-piece sleeves. Optional details include pocket flaps, topstitching, decorative sleeve cuff buttons, and leather or suede elbow patches.
Closet Core also have detailed tutorials on their website. Visit (Under 'Useful Resources): https://store.closetcorepatterns.com/collections/sewing-patterns-all/products/jasika-blazer-pattern
For the jacket body: medium to heavyweight suitings or lightweight coatings with surface texture such as wool melton, wool flannel, crepe and tweed. Velvet, medium-heavy weight cotton, seersucker and linen may also be used. Please note: tightly woven, smooth surfaced suitings like wool gabardine are not recommended since they can be difficult to fuse using an iron.
For the lining: rayon bemberg, charmeuse, crepe de chine, silky cottons like voile
For the pockets: sturdy cotton like shirting, quilting cotton or muslin (1/4 yd / .25m)
0-8 = 2.5yd / 2.3m, 10-14 = 2.75yd / 2.5m, 16-20 = 3 yd / 2.75m
0-8 = 1.5yd / 1.4m, 10-20 = 2.25yd / 2m
0-8 = 1.75yd / 1.6m, 10-14 = 2yd / 1.85m, 16-20 = 2.25yd / 2m
0-14 = 1.5yd / 1.4m, 16-20 = 1.75yd / 1.6m
The Notions and Supplies
- Fusible weft interfacing (1.5 yd / 1.4m)
- Fusible knit interfacing (1yd / .8m)
- Horsehair canvas (1/4 yd / .25m)
- Polyester thread
- Optional: topstitching thread for collar
- Optional: silk basting thread
- Cotton stay tape 1/4" wide x 2.5 yds / 2.4m
- Shoulder pads - 1/4" - 3/8" thick
- Sleeveheads or lambs wool/cotton batting cut into 2" wide bias strips
- Optional: Leather or suede for elbow patches
- Lapel button: 1 x 3/4" (19mm)
- 1 x clear button
- Optional: Sleeve buttons: 6 x 5/8" (16mm)
- Marking tool / tailor's chalk
- Handsewing needles & thimble
- Tailors ham and seam roll
- Press cloth (cotton or silk organza)
- Pinking shears
- Point presser or wood clapper
- Steam iron
The size range for this pattern is 0-20.
See the Closet Core Patterns size charts provided for details.
Level of Difficulty
Closet Core Patterns rate the Blanca pattern at the level of 'Advanced'.