Friday Pattern Co - Saturday Skirt Set
About the Saturday Skirt Set
This set is Saturday night and you have ‘nothing to wear’. The Saturday skirt set is a comfortable wrap top and midi skirt that are both glamorous and fun. Both patterns are designed to be easy to sew.
The wrap top features long sleeves brought in at the hem with elastic. It can be wrapped in several different ways.
The skirt is a flowy A-line dream brought in at the back with elastic for an easy and comfortable fit. The skirt also features roomy pockets.
Make this set in silk for a party-ready get up or make it in linen for an everyday uniform. These pieces can be worn together or mixed and matched with other Friday patterns. The Saturday Skirt set pieces are sure to be a versatile addition to your handmade wardrobe.
- The model in the green version is wearing a size 6X in the top and skirt.
- The model in the red version is wearing a size small in the top and skirt.
The Saturday Skirt Set is designed for woven fabrics.
- Safety pin
- Matching thread
- 1/2 yard [.5 meters] - 3/8”[1cm] wide elastic
- 2/3 yard [.6 meters] - 1”[2.5cm] wide elastic
- 1/8 yard [12cm] fusible interfacing.
- Optional: 2.5 yards [2.3 meters] single fold bias tape (1/2”[1.3cm] wide) for finishing facing edges.
The pattern includes sizes XS/0 - 7X/32 (32”/81cm - 60”/152cm chest).
This pattern was drafted using sample measurements for a height of 5’6”. Sizes XS-XXL are designed off of a block with a B/C cup size. Sizes 1X-7X are designed off of a block with a C/D cup size.
Level of Difficulty
The Saturday Skirt Set doesn't seem to have a sewing level rating, but I'd put it at at the Intermediate level sewing.
Get inspired and share your make using #SaturdaySkirtSet on social media.