Gutermann Maraflex Elastic Thread 150m Purple/257
About Gutermann's Maraflex
Maraflex™️ is an elasticised thread that enables you to sew light-medium knit and stretch woven fabrics using a straight stitch instead of the 'lightning bolt' or zigzag stitch. This has been a 'game-changer' for home sewists, especially those who do not have an overlocker. Maraflex creates elastic seams, with a seam stretch of up to 80%, which makes it perfect for all your knit fabric sewing, particularly for cuffs, necklines and waistbands. The thread gives the whole garment more 'give' at the seams, so it's perfect for joggers/track suits, hoodies/sweaters, and cardigans. There is no need to overlock edges of knit fabrics as they do not fray, so to give a neat appearance you can simply trim close to the seam line.
"Maraflex has been produced using - Micro Core Technology. MTC is the unique microfilament polyester based core spun technology - Made in Germany. This production process makes Maraflex a particularly high-quality sewing thread".
- Elastic sewing thread with particularly high stretch.
- For flexible seams using straight stitch.
- Up to 80% seam stretch.
- Adapts optimally to the stretch of knitted fabric and elastic woven fabric.
- Micro Core Technology - Made in Germany.
- Fabric recommendation: Light to medium-weight knitwear for example jersey or light to medium weight elastic woven fabrics, fabrics containing elastane.
- Elastic closing and backstitch seams, for example for jersey and all fabrics with elastane.
- Ideal for sewing around necklines and tight seams.
- For sewing cuffs on legs and sleeves, such as hoodies, joggers or children's trousers.
- Optimal seam elasticity with 4 stitches/ cm.
- Sew with as little thread tension as possible.
- Sewn as needle and bobbin thread.
- Best seam elasticity achieved with 4 stitches per cm.