Maison Fauve - Sunset Jacket
About the Sunset Jacket
Sunset is a great jacket for when the sun goes down. It has a unique collar and lots of options. The closure can be via buttons or zip, and the bottom band uses either ribbing or elastic. The sleeves have optional 'trench coat' inspired cuffs. The type of fabric you use has the ability to change the look of this versatile pattern.
Unlike most Maison Fauve Patterns (which cover sizes 34-52), this pattern has the size range of 34-46.
A cotton or cotton sateen with hold, a denim, a very light wool, a jacquard, tweed, a Prince of Wales. Medium weight fabrics. For the lining, you need a slippery fabric.
Yardage for sizes 34 to 46
- 173 cm of fabric in the all-fabric version for a width of 140, and 250 cm for a width of 110
- 146 cm of fabric for the version with a ribbed finish
- 30 cm of ribbed height, minimum width 100cm, for the version with a ribbed finish
- 125 cm of lining (140cm wide)
- Iron-on interfacing
- 1 m of 5 cm wide elastic
- 5 buttons of 15 mm for the buttoned version
- A separable zip of 45 to 50 cm for the zipped version
- For the bottom sleeves : 2 buttons of 15 mm or provide loops to slide them.
The size range is 34 to 46 (European), which covers a bust measurement of 80cm to 104cm.
Level of Difficulty
The Sunset Jacket is rated at the Advanced level.