Maison Fauve - Soho Wrap Dress and Blouse
About the Soho Wrap Dress and Blouse
The Soho dress is both feminine and easy to wear for any occasion. Its wrap shape is very flattering and the clever waistband of the garment does not cut the waist line. Available as a dress, a blouse, belted or buttoned, the choice of fabrics will allow you to have a perfect garment to follow you every day or to go out and turn heads.
For you Soho, select light to medium weight fabrics (80 to 200 g/m2) with a supple fall that will flatter the fall of the dress as well as the blouse, such as viscose twill, tencel, poplin, crepe, very fine wool.
Yardage for sizes 34 to 52
- Fabric for a 140 cm width:
Blouse version : the line drawn on your pattern gives you the finished length, add 3 cm to make the hem
- 34-38 : 150 cm
- 40-44 : 170 cm
- 46-52 : 190 cm
Dress version :
- 34-38 : 230 cm
- 40-46 : 280 cm
- 48-52 : 305 cm
- 60 cm of iron-on fusible web G785 for pieces 4-7-10
- 50 cm of straight iron-on thread for pieces 1 (be careful not to stretch the neckline during application)
- a 7 mm snap to stabilize the neckline
- 3 buttons for the version without visible buttoning and 7 buttons for the visible buttoning version (diameter of 10-15 mm)
The pattern size range is 34 to 52 (European), which covers a bust measurement range from: 80 to 122 cm
Level of Difficulty
The pattern is rated 'In between' - the technical points are the sewing of the front and back pleats, the assembly of the belts, the sleeve and the cuff.